Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country with the Cambodians and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 6,000 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program graduates have already successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 650 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarters in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known through fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize from the French Republic.
S/he will be responsible to enable children with disabilities to have access to special education ,Activity of Daily Living, effective participation in society and access work opportunities according to their disabilities.
- Staff management: Special Education Teachers, Assistants, caregivers, educators and Cleaner
- Budget management:
- Participate to prepare a Budget plan.
- Facilitate to control budget
- Problem solving: She requires an ability to motivate the team. She can find the solution when students with disabilities, parents and staff have a problem in the Integrated Class of Adapted Teaching Section and report to manager all the tasks followed by PSE policies and procedures.
- Communication: This position will communicate to both internal and external service to do her job. He/She will communicate to students of disability and staff of Adapted Teaching Section, Health Department and other NGOs.
To ensure staff received information and implement the new guideline or policy from director and manager.
1. To manage staffs
- To motivate team work, setting objective and develop her personal and professional competencies.
- To coordinate to develop working procedures in the section.
- To coach staff and strengthen techniques to take care of students with disabilities.
2. To monitor budget of Integrated Classes students with disabilities
- To check material before request and follow with the planning Budget.
- To follow up the budget expense of Integrated Class every month.
- To ensure materials are kept in quality and safety
3. To check with teacher the program for students with disabilities (Math, Khmer, Moral…) follow their disabilities
- To evaluate ADL of students with disabilities at least one by year
- To set the Individual Education Program(IEP) followed by their capacity and disabilities at least one time by year.
- Develop pedagogy material education of ADL disability according by IEP
- Develop pedagogy material and train teacher about pedagogic work (plan, item, organization…)
4. To improve quality of living for students with disabilities in Integrated Classes
- To lead staff to take care according to their disabilities with Activity Daily for living (Feeding, Toilette, washing...)
- To organize the meeting with their parents to motivate, train, make activity with their children every month.
5. To be responsible the Health of students with disabilities in Integrated Classes
- To ensure that students with disabilities who are sick get medicine followed by a prescription of Doctor and carefully treated.
6. To manage Behavior Problem the students intellectual with disabilities in Integrated Classes
- To assess behavior problem of students with disabilities, set behavior management for each student, and keep track on the progress and result.
7. To contact with the relevant sections internal and external to transfer students with disabilities when they have problem
- To coordinate transfer students with disabilities
- To contact social services when we have a problem with students with disabilities, parents...
- To facilitate with relevant service to help disable student: Health, Canteen, Administration, ...
- To facilitate prepare integration activities for students with disabilities
- To cooperate with relevant to set planning to bring students to visit inside or outside PSE.
● Graduate on Special Education or relevant field
● Two years and strong experience related with this work
● Prefer to have an experiences in the following field:
o Special Care for children with disabilities
o Special Education/IEP
o Behavior Problem Management for children with disabilities
● Can read and write in English /French
● Computer (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Social Media
● Special Care for children with disabilities
● Special Education/IEP
● Behavior Problem Management for children with disabilities
● Transfer children with disabilities
● Basic staff leadership and management
● Report and filing management
● Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
● Policy compliance and protection of children
● Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
● Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.