Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) -- For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
The sewing workshop employs 30 women whose children are supported by PSE: they are guaranteed a fair wage (above the industry average) and good working conditions. It is also a training ground where the emphasis is on learning diverse skills: in the future they will be able to open their own small workshop if they wish. These mothers make the school uniforms and crafts sold in PSE shops in Phnom Penh or at fundraising events by the branches. For time to time, the workshop also produces for external customers in Cambodia, on order. The role of the Business Developer is to ensure the development of external sales. The position reports to the Sewing Workshop manager.
- Support Sewing Workshop and Boutique manager in developing the following leads:
PSE antennas in France and Spain
Shops in Cambodia
Private companies: schools & companies for customized accessories or clothing production in France and Cambodia (depending on the feasibility)
- Ensure e-sales implementation and channel distribution for Le cartable de Chenda:
On Le cartable de Chenda’s Facebook+ PSE Website : implement “e-shop”
Organise a distribution channel with a volunteer based in France, responsible or managing a stock and sending products.
- In close cooperation with PSE Communication department, develop pre-sales tools to present PSE Sewing Workshop skills and services
Press book: Collection of press release presenting about our collaboration
Skills & Services catalogue: Present our set of skills (uniforms: school + professional & customized item: tote bags, drawstring bags, t-shirts…)
- In close cooperation with the management team, ensure that the production unit has enough production capacity to ensure all order acquired.
- Degree in Entrepreneurship/ business development
- Interest for social business is a must
- Proficiency in English, and/or French
- Experience in communication tool and e-commerce development
- Commercial mindset and skills (business development plan, targeting, sales speech etc.)
- Strong communication skills, in a multi-cultural context