Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarter in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
The School of Business of PSE currently includes 6 trainings taught to more than 300 students every year. The objective is now to implement a new digital training within the School of Business. It will be a two-year program in web and mobile development with 30 students per year. The training will be implemented in collaboration with Simplon, a social enterprise specialized in digital trainings around the world.
- Be an active member in the recruitment of the trainers together with Human Resources and the Dean of the School of Business.
- Be an active member in promoting the training to potential candidates and contribute to the students’ selection process.
- Partner and build strong relationship with Simplon and internal departments (languages, soft skill …) to define precisely the curriculum.
- Recommend list of digital actors that could be participating to the training.
- Responsible to define and implement material needs (classroom equipment, computers …)
- Responsible for communicating internally to ensure that all stakeholders are informed about the evolution of the project.
- Be an active member to the pedagogical enrichment and follow-up the good progress of the training, in collaboration with Simplon, the trainers and all the necessary departments (pedagogy, languages, soft skills …).
- Partner with Student Affairs to ensure student’s involvement in the training.
- Track, measure and refine performance of professional insertion modules that will optimize students’ employment (e.g. CV elaboration & interviews coaching).
- Partner with Corporate Affairs in finding internships and job opportunities for the students.
- Be an active member for the good collaboration of all stakeholders.
- Be the key point of contact to provide regular updates on the project evolution to the Dean of School of Business and to Project Team.
- Responsible for tracking project budget and calendar.
Project impact measurement
- Responsible for monitoring data collection for results tracking by defining the data collection process.
- Responsible to track, measure and refine performance of KPIs.
- Be the key point of contact to communicate results of the project to Dean of the School of Business and to Project Team regularly, based on defined KPIs.
- Responsible to build reports for the donors respecting deadlines, in collaboration with Project Team and in line with the donors’ expectations.
Digital actors' relationship management
- Execute with excellence a benchmarking of the digital eco-system of Cambodia.
- Partner and build strong relationship with digital actors to participate in the training. Identify and communicate each stage of the training in which they could be involved.
- Be the key point of contact to communicate and maintain a good relationship with our partners involved by sharing regular updates.
- Own a recruitment plan with local companies.
- University degree in engineering
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project management
- Experience with academic projects preferred
- Languages: English and French mandatory (speaking, writing), Khmer is a plus
- Computer skills: Proficiency in all programs necessary to perform the everyday duties of this position, including Microsoft Project and basics of coding
Specific Technical Competencies
- Good communication skills, coaching capabilities and negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Excellent decision making abilities
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement
Duration : 1 year minimum, preferably 2-3 years
Indemnity: According to PSE grid + experience
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country.