Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism trains students in the field of cooking / food production, food & beverage service, front office, and housekeeping & laundry. It delivers a Technical High School Diploma (2 years). All of our trainings provide practical experience and internships, so that students are fully operational at the end of their course.
The position is reporting to the director of the PSE institute, reporting to the Cambodian Deputy General Director Academic Education in Phnom Penh.
- Educational management: Guarantee training quality, ensure that the TVD training offer at SoHT is corresponding to the requirements of the hospitality industry.
- This includes the strategic development of the SoHT, notably in the field of apprenticeship where a clear strategic choice has been made into a full apprenticeship approach for TVD diplomas.
- Staff management: Plan and make the workforce planning, in charge of the school and operation management team, school teaching staff team, student overall staff management, staff/student problem solving, recruit and interview staff, control the administration and finance issues. The SoHT has 30 staff and 270 students on average in Year 1 and Year 2.
- Operation management: Ultimate responsibility for the welcome center / reception, hotel/guesthouse rooms, haidressing and Beauty salon and restaurant.
- Budget management: Prepare and manage the yearly budget planning of the school, the restaurant and the Haidressing and Beauty department. Budget approx.. 400,000 USD.
- Communication: Inter-PSE communication and communication with institutional partners (external communication in concert with the PSE-I Director and Comm. Dept.)
- Master degree in Hospitality Management, or other relevant fields
- 5-7 years experience in managing teams, especially in Vocational Training
- Experience in the Hospitality sector especially restaurant and/or hotel operations
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Hospitality sector in Cambodia as well as in ASEAN countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- High level of English capacity to attend international meetings and presentations
- Very good planning, organizing and coordinating skill
- Be able to manage the team
- Be able to make decision on HRM, Finance
- Be able to coordinate and lead the school activities/project
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country.