Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarter in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Reporting to the Project Director, in Phnom-Penh, and working in close coordination with PSE head office in France, the position consists in being responsible to ensure that PSE project are properly defined and followed as well as ensuring that reporting is in line with donors’ expectations. Projects are defined as PSE activities that have a beginning and an end (as opposition to programs that are recurrent PSE activities) and need for financing with dedicated funds or with PSE internal resources. The project coordinator will not manage a team but will be a strong support to the project managers and must closely collaborate with all departments of PSE. This position requires a good experience in project management and the capacity to manage a lot of projects simultaneously. It requires good communication skills with all project stakeholders inside PSE and externally with partners / donors.
- Understand the programs’ needs in order to identify new projects, and work in collaboration with the Project Director and Head of Fundraising in order to prioritize the projects.
- Identify the resources needed to define more precisely the project (consultant, feasibility study, partnerships, Project Manager…).
- Define projects’ needs, phasing, budget, HR needs and KPIs with the support of the Program Managers if necessary, and in collaboration with the Project Director.
- Submit Project Idea and Project Proposal for validation in line with PSE Project procedure implemented between PSE Cambodia and PSE head office & Board (France).
- Write funding proposal and logical framework in collaboration with Project Managers and Head of Fundraising, in line with PSE template or donors’ template when required.
- For the biggest projects, select the Project Manager(s) in collaboration with the Project Director. For the small projects, they will be directly managed by the Project coordinator.
- Hand over the project to the Project Manager (for the big projects).
- Support to the project managers in developing project management skills, in understanding project cycle management and in respecting project procedure.
- Ensure that the budget, planning and deadlines are respected for all the projects.
- Work in collaboration with the teams involved in each project for an optimal implementation of the projects.
Project reporting and follow-up
- Schedule with the Project Managers, Project Director and the Head of Fundraising the reports planning for the donors.
- Ensure the projects’ reporting is in line with the donors’ expectations and work with the Project Managers to adapt reports if needed.
- Update projects information on "Monday" tool to optimize project follow-up and coordination.
- Translate the reports into English and French when needed.
- Provide required content asked by the Head of Fundraising and/or Project Director.
- Implement from the beginning of the Project, the indicators / tools in order to have a qualitative and relevant feedback on the Project’s results when finished
- Anticipate the needs in terms of testimonies / photos for the donors – work in collaboration with the Communication and Fundraising department
- Update the Project procedure and reporting documents if needed
University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Social Development
- Minimum 3 years' experience in project management
- Experience in Quality Control and Risk Assessment
- Experience with donors and funding institutions
- English and French (mandatory, speaking, writing), Khmer is a plus
- Computer skills: Become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform the everyday duties of this position, including Microsoft Project
Specific Technical Competencies
- Good communication skills, coaching capabilities and negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Excellent decision making abilities
- Organized (ability to manage a lot of projects at the same time)
- Commitment to PSE's vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.
Duration : 1 year minimum, preferably 2-3 years
Indemnity: According to PSE grid + experience
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country.