Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) -- For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Directly under the supervision of the Deputy General Director, the Construction Projects Manager will be the technical representative of PSE for all construction & renovation projects in all their dimensions and phases.
- Project definition
- Based on request from the department or needs that (s)he can foresee due to his knowledge of PSE infrastructure, (s)he writes the project scope based on the needs,
- Ensure resource & budget evaluation,
- Write the project proposal for donor if any,
- Feasibility studies and Projects design
- From the needs assessments and the opportunities on site, make all feasibilities studies (area and dimensions estimation, layout, rough cost estimation, Based on rough timeline).
- For small to medium projects, makes all the detailed drawings to submit for bidding to contractors.
- For projects of larger scale, able to exchange with the designers on all technical and architectural aspects to ensure that the project fits with PSE needs and policies.
- Bid Management
- Establish the bidding documents, pre select the companies to submitted to in accordance with PSE policies,
- Ensure call for tenders,
- Ensure that we have all the valid construction agreements,
- Ensure the selection of the awarded contractor in respect of PSE needs and policies,
- Project implementation management
- Ensure safety and security on site and around linked to the operation of the school
- Prepare project plan
- Manage project implementation, supervise the construction site
- Ensure project delivery according to specifications, plan and budget
- Ensure project quality
- Ensure suppliers payment
- Ensure the respect of the schedule
- Monitors all the expenses linked to the projects
- Ensure reporting to Deputy General Director and project stakeholders
- Ensure reporting to PSE Committee donors when applicable
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering and/or Architecture
- Minimum 3-years of experience in Construction Site Management
- CAD skills (AutoCAD, SketchUp) • Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.
- Intercultural Integration
- Risks assessment, excellent decision-making abilities, Problem solving skills
- English (mandatory, professional reading, speaking, writing),
- Khmer (is a plus), French (is a plus).